January 11, 2013

Hey Twenty-Thirteen

2013 is going to be a great year. Fabulous, even. So far it's been a little rough. I've had some tough changes at work ( I suck at change, suck suck suck), and Emma is getting over a bad little bug that knocked her flat on her back.

I'm not good at New Years resolutions, but I had an epiphany this week. I realized it's so easy to look at things in your life and say that they're good because others have it worse. I do it so frequently, but i've realized that if something isn't good for you (no comparing allowed) then it's time for a change. This is my mantra this year.

I also know to count my blessings and thank God that I have a wonderful life. I spend a lot of time really happy to be me. 

We are going to have a great year. I'm excited to do fun things with the girls, and my 2013 bucket list includes bringing the girls to the ocean for the first time. Joey has no idea, but it's so happening.

One of my favorite things to read...

{Things to do (and not do)}
1. Stop Comparing
2. Celebrate others
3. Be grateful for who I am (see #1)
4. Trust God always not just sometimes

Things to Remember
1. Having "more" does not equal happiness
2. "Happiness" is a choice (see #1)
3. You are one of a kind 
4. #1 thing that keeps us from living the life God created us to live is.. envy
5. We all have a choice
6. God first... the rest will follow

Cheers to the best 2013 ever. xxo



New Years Eva movie. Our new tradition, perhaps.






Stink. Pot.






Sick, and still so sweet.


Time-out for Eva. She never sits this nice, I had to take a picture and tell her how cute she is.


Chub. My favorite.


Emma perking up this morning. Hooray!




No comments:

Post a Comment