September 11, 2013

Kindergarten


My sweet little Emma girl is officially a Kindergartener. 

We have already had homework and school pictures and show & tell. Our mornings now start at 6am which has been tough on all of us, but especially our non-morning girl Emma. She argues about having to go to school every day, and I agree it's a bummer, but we are adjusting and encouraging.

Eva had a holy meltdown when we brought Emma in on her first day. I had to carry her out under my arm while she thrashed and screamed for Emma. Teachers were peeking their heads out of the classrooms to check on the commotion. Poor Eva. Now we drop Emma off at the sidewalk and she walks herself into the building (her preference). Eva still screams sometimes, but it's from the car and nobody can hear her but me. 

Emma seems to be learning a lot very quickly this year, which is the most encouraging of all. She comes home singing the days of the week and writing her letters much clearer than a few weeks ago. She says her favorite part of school is getting pats on the back from her teacher, Mrs. Ingram.

I hope her year goes great. And what I wouldn't give to be a fly on the wall in her classroom.







No comments:

Post a Comment