October was a good month. I think we are finally settled into our routine. Emma starting school and me starting a new job proved to be more of an adjustment than I had imagined. Our mornings start early and we are tired early. I would even say that we have turned into morning people around here.
We think we will be moving in two weeks. I feel like we've said this for a month or so now, but I really do believe that two weeks it is. I am getting excited. Mostly for the girls to have their own closets and to have an attached garage. I might even let Emma ride the bus in the mornings because she wants to so bad.
The girls miss their dad. He has been working so hard, and I know he misses them just as much. It will be a treat having our evenings back.
We had parent teacher conferences last week for our Emma. She is doing good in school, despite being very, very shy. Her teacher said she has just recently started raising her hand to answer questions. I have been helping out in Emma's classroom every other week, and it's fun watching her in a setting outside of home. She always comes home with a good color on her behavior chart. I love her a whole lot.
We had a good Halloween. I did absolutely zero decorating and we carved pumpkins at 3:00 on Halloween (because they were a $0.99 steal at the grocery store). I did sew the girls capes for their costumes so I guess I put in a little bit of holiday cheer.
Emma got a Culver's ice cream token from the principal for her cute costume.
The girls loved trick or treating despite the rain. Eva was running and hardly stopped the whole time. She kept saying "i'm fine, guys" even though we didn't ask. There was a lot of holy cute glances between Joey and I. We went for about an hour and then Emma wanted to go home to eat. I did not complain because it was cold. They like handing out candy just as much.
Joey dressed up as a hunter. I don't think he would ever miss the chance to bring the girls trick or treating. He's like a big kid when it comes to some things.
Eva. I am convinced she is the equivalent to 10 children some days, and the most spirited child in the history of ever. She is the child who refuses to put on her coat, or her hat, or her socks, and especially not her shoes, so she runs from me screaming when we have to leave the house two minutes ago so Emma isn't late for school. Everyday. Eva's past time's include jumping on my iPad to see if it will break, taking off her dirty diaper and running from me at 65mph, and coloring on things with the pen that she got from on top of the microwave with the chair she pushed up to reach. My in laws have a new puppy, Baxter, who is in the horrible teething stage. Rather than run crying (as Emma sometimes does), Eva grabs him by the head and holds him to the ground. She is a bull in a china shop.
Emma, on the other hand, has been so sensitive lately. She will not go to sleep until I have joined her, and she gets teary about night time way before the sun goes down. I think (hope) it's a phase. Last week her grandma Jodie had to whip out an early Christmas present to calm her down when I was home from work after dark.
This is how Eva feels about Lowes at 7pm running errands for the new house (I agree with her.) Happy November. xxx
I don't know who little Eva sounds like...hmm..I seem to remember a little stink pot when YOU were little! :) And our sweet Emma, shy. Sweet girl, I think she gets that from her Daddy, cause Kate, you are NOT shy! lol Give those little babies kisses from their Auntie. love you all!
ReplyDelete