March 8, 2010

Terrible Two's



The terrible two's are coming, and fast. Emma is full of tantrums and mischief. Her answer to everything is nonono (always three times in a row, never one), and she refuses to be told what to do. We are seriously in for some trouble.

We brought Emma shopping with us last weekend and were quickly reminded that Emma + Shopping = No Fun. She refuses to sit in her stroller, so I try my hardest to get her to walk around with me and hold my hand. Fat chance. I spent a majority of the time chasing her down as she would sprint her fastest in the opposite direction, laughing the entire time. One time I think she made it down half of the mall before I caught her! An Olympic runner, this 23 month old. She even ran through baby Gap ripping neatly folded piles of clothes from the shelves. Now that was seriously fun - the store clerk was thrilled! When we do try to put Emma in her stroller because she isn't listening, a shriek scream prevails. It doesn't stop and people stare. My armpits start to perspire.. It's true.

So since Emma is already into the terrible two's a month shy of her second birthday, does this mean they will end before the three year mark? Just curious.


Good think Emma is cute. Really, really cute.

1 comment:

  1. And good luck with that! :) They say threes or worse, and I have to say, that everything that is good gets better, and things that aren't so good get worse :)

    ReplyDelete