February 27, 2010

Emma's Day



Last Monday Emma went to daycare for the very first time. I'm not really sure that it would be classified as "daycare", but my dad's cousin's wife Sue watched her. Sue takes care of a couple other little boys and told me she would love to watch Emma if I ever need her. Last Monday, I needed her. I was a nervous wreck about bringing Emma there. I knew she would be in great hands, but I didn't want Emma to be afraid or nervous or maybe even scared to poop (just saying).

When we arrived Sue had out a ton of toys for Emma, and I swear the girl didn't even think twice about staying there! She warmed up to Sue immediately, and was very interested in exploring their beautiful home. Sue tried to get Emma to say goodbye, but Emma could have cared less. It was nice knowing Emma was five minutes away from me all day while I worked, and I could have picked her up in a snap. I know Emma had a great day, and as usual, I worried for nothing.

This is the letter that Sue sent home with Emma, along with a darling picture Emma colored for me.

- Emma's Day -

9:30 cereal bar and juice- munched on Special K (vanilla-almond)

11:45 lunch - peas, whole wheat rotini with cheese and broccoli, juice

What a sweetheart. She has explored the whole house, played with dolls, balls, colored, and we took a walk outside. She LOVES the animals.

1:15 yogurt, read stories

1:30 nap, no problem she went right down.


2:45 up

We had a great day! Thank you!


If Sue writes down everything Emma does each time she goes there, she's my new best friend. I love feeling like I know all about her day - It's tough to be a working mom!

No comments:

Post a Comment