April 24, 2010

Potty Training

Yesterday was a big day in the Hundertmark household. Not only was it Joey's birthday, but Emma went potty on her big girl potty for the first time! (Might I add, on her first try). She was thrilled to sit on it, and pushed out a pee pee in no time. It might be because I told her she'd get a sucker for going, but that's beside the point.





It took some pretty serious concentration.



and she kept checking to see if she had gone.



She really wanted the toilet to flush.



Then, the moment of victory..



This is Emma saying, all done, all done!



Don't believe me? Here's the proof. I mean, the girl even did it with a camera in her face. You've gotta love her.

We only set her on the potty a few times yesterday, and she went on it twice. I'm not sure when to jump into it full swing, or if I should give her a little time. She doesn't tell us when she has to go, but will willingly sit on the potty when we tell her to. I need some tips people!
(By the way, I keep a very classy blog here - hence the photos of urine)

1 comment:

  1. Bahaha, very classy indeed :)

    As far as tips go... Yeshua was showing an interest in potty training at 1 1/2 years old so we started working with him, and while he didn't tell us at first that he needed to go, we still sat him on the potty random times during the day (first thing in the morning, around 10:30, noon, 3, and before bed for example). We got very excited and gave him a couple M&Ms everytime he went (a couple extra if it was #2) and a sticker for a chart I made for him. When the chart was full, we took him to Chuck E. Cheese for an extra treat, and he was fully potty trained by his second birthday.
    Now Sarai on the other hand, just had her 3rd Birthday and is just now showing that interest in potty training (even though we tried earlier and she was very adamant on NOT going on the potty). We're doing esentially the same thing with her now.

    Hope this helps!

    ReplyDelete