My sister Olivia is always very brave and watches Emma any time I ask. I on the other hand, am not always so kind. I am always willing to have Drew over for sleepovers, but to have all three of them is a lot more work. And stressful. And usually results in a headache. And heart palpitations. And a Zantex. Kidding, kidding. Now that being said, last Saturday we had Drew and Ryley over for a sleepover. Surprisingly enough, the evening went great! The kids played together like champs, and went to bed without a fight. If every sleepover went that smoothly, I'd think about letting it happen more often - Sorry Liv, I am not convinced.
Bubbles occupied much of their time..
Below is a perfect example of my daughter's unwillingness to share. Beware, this documents me being a horrible Aunty. But Ryley still loves me, I know it.
Liv, I hope you don't mind that I let Ryley stand on a 4-wheeler. He was so proud of his accomplishment, and was safe, really I thought he was! Then Emma came along and I couldn't stop taking pictures.. It's like I was frozen in place. He fell onto grass, so please forgive me. I had every intention of stopping his fall, I just don't know what got into me! No tears were shed, and I promise it didn't happen a few more times. Really, your kids are safe here!
Ryley is here this morning for a few hours, and Emma has been bit twice and had her hair pulled a number of times. When she runs to me crying, I ask her if she wants baby to go home and her answer is NO, NO! Kids are so very silly.
This afternoon we leave for our family vacation! We are going to Tennessee for a whole week to stay in a cabin with all of the Hundertmarks. We are almost all packed, and Emma keeps talking about the tip to ensee! I am hoping that Emma does ok on the long car ride - thank goodness for our portable DVD player and Madagascar. We are hoping for safe travels, good weather, and lots of fun!
No comments:
Post a Comment