Here she is..
and some of the views from our deck..
This was one of Emma's favorite parts - we turned down the hot tub and pretended it was a pool! Here we are on Saturday after we arrived.
On Sunday morning we went to the real pool that is accessible by anyone staying in a cabin. It was nice because we were the only ones there, and the weather was perfect! Emma is all of a sudden very into the water, a total 180 from a month ago when she was screaming through her swimming lessons. We are thrilled with her change of heart!
Here is Joey and Em with Joey's cousin Mindy and her daughter Holly, aka "Buzz". Holly's parents call her Buzz as a nickname and Emma caught on to it real quick. She spent a majority of her time yelling "Buzzz, Buzzzz"!
Emma was in her glory being around Holly, Logan, and Hunter all week. She spent much of her time following them around the cabin, and every morning she seemed thrilled that they were still around for her to play with. Joey and I loved it too, because they kept Emma entertained and had her wore out by the end of each day.
On Sunday we also went for a drive through the mountains. The mountains are beautiful, and I was relieved that I didn't get carsick. Usually I can't handle the steep grades and curves, but I didn't feel too bad! Emma did great with all of the driving, so I'm hoping I didn't pass along the carsick gene.
Here is one of the spots where we stopped in the mountains to walk through a pretty stream. Emma was sleeping during this stop, so I was happy to sit in the car and paint her toenails while everyone got out. I'm not sure why I had nail polish in the diaper bag, but I took advantage of the situation and Emmy was excited to wake up with pretty toenails.
Then we got to go to my favorite state in the US of A, North Carolina folks! We sorta went. We crossed over the state line, and that totally counts in my book.
Then we went on a hike to the top of a mountain.
Here is Emma and her dad at the top of the mountain up in the outlook area. Emma is like her dad in the fact that she really has no fear.. I can do without the heights.
On Monday we hung out at the cabin for part of the day..
And then we headed to Dollywood for the rest of the afternoon. Emma slept for part of the time, so she stayed with Grandma and Aunty Sarah while Joey and I went on some roller coasters. Emma woke up just in time for a bird show where we got to see a bald eagle, along with some other birds that did tricks and flew around.
Here's a group of us on the water ride. These pictures make me laugh out loud every time I look at them!
That night at the cabin Emma was craving oreo's dipped in yogurt. Silly girl! She ate like a champ the entire vacation, I think it's because she likes her GG's cooking!
On Tuesday we headed back to Dollywood for the day. Since we had gone after 3 pm the day before, this day we got in for free! We spent a majority of the time in the kid area so Emma could have some fun.
She got to ride in a car just like the one below, except for ours was pink. Emma was so cute driving the car around, and had a major meltdown when it was time to get out. She also got to go on a water ride and some other mini rides that were just her size.
On Wednesday we headed to Gatlinburg to walk around and visit some of the little shops. We also went for a ride on a tram, a huge glass enclosed box that travels up over the mountains kinda like a ski lift.
The place where the tram dropped us off had a little wildlife exhibit so we got to see some bears, otters, and other animals up close.
And Em made sure to say goodbye to the bears before we left.
Thank goodness for Hunter, who kept Emma entertained while we waited in line to get back on the tram!
On Thursday we did some shopping in town, and started to get packed up for the trip home Friday.
Here is Emma and Holly with their Great Grandma, "GG"
And GG with her grand kids and great grand kids on Friday before we hit the road..
Our vacation ended too soon, as they always do. It is so fun to have the whole family together for a week at a time! I'm looking forward to our next vacation, and I know Emma is too. Maybe next time we can bring Emma to the ocean - but first we need to work on Joey and his no flying clause!
No comments:
Post a Comment