January 23, 2011

Go Packers!

The Packer's won today. This makes for a happy, happy weekend. I grew up watching the Packers - the cheering, the screaming, the bad moods when they lost. Today was a good day.

Plus Joey's home and might only have a 3 day work week this week. I'm hoping, hoping, hoping. I am over this whole traveling gig. There's nothing either of us can do about it, but i've declared that i'm officially over it. Declarations are good for the soul.

On Saturday we celebrated Sarah's baby shower, and she got some wonderful presents. I told her that if I have a boy i'm coming to raid her house. Only one more month and Emma will have a new baby cousin.



That night we baked cupcakes. Packer's ones of course, in anticipation of today's big game. 



Emma was my special helper. She moved the bowl to the floor and went to town with the stirring. We may have over stirred the batter - is 30 minutes of stirring too much? But the frosting made up for the not so great cupcakes, and Emma had a hay day with the whisk.





I think her favorite part was watching them rise in the oven. She kept yelling for her Dad to come check them out as they got "big." Have I mentioned how much I love this girl? 



Then today, oh the celebration. The cheering and the whooping and the hollering. We went over to my Dad and Jackie's for the game. Emma was rockin' her Green Bay shirt because she is a huge fan. Huge. I am all about her being her own person and forming her own opinion on matters, but this is where I draw the line. My daughter will be a Packer's fan.

Besides, the colors look great on her.

 
After the game the kids celebrated by playing a game of Old Fish with Grandpa. They can usually con Grandpa into doing anything fun. 

And just like that it's 9:30 on Sunday night. The weekend is over, and this place is so very familiar. This week I am throwing myself into planning Emma's 3rd birthday bash. It's almost here, our little princess turning 3. 

Sometimes I try to remember what life was like when it was just Joey and I. I can't remember. For the life of me, I cannot think of what our day's were like. I get so sad thinking that one year from now I probably won't remember what it was like as a family of three, just me, Joey, and Emma. I know life will most definitely be better, but it's such a weird thought. 

So we are living these final weeks like it's nobody's business. We are going to Vegas at the end of February, celebrating Emma turning 3 with a magnificent bash, and planning lots of other fun things to do just the three of us. But despite the big changes ahead, they are good ones, and we are blessed.

Plus my Packer's won, and there's a Superbowl in my just-the-three-of-us plans. Go Pack go!

No comments:

Post a Comment