January 16, 2011

Manners and water flutes

 Emma has a few new favorite sayings she likes to use throughout the day. These include things such as "don't touch me", "i'll give it right back", and my personal favorite,  "no thank you." 

The other night Emma threw up, it was the only time in this little bout of sickness, but when I tried to pick her up to bring her to the tub she screamed "don't touch me!" This was a first for her, and my heart was a little broken. Just a little.

But screaming sweetness and manners and all that is good in this world, she totally overuses the phrase "no thank you" and I love it. She'll say it when you ask her if she wants something to eat, if she has to go potty, or when you ask her to get off of the kitchen table. It goes something like this;  Emma, get down from there right now! "No thank you, Momma." Oh nevermind. I love you sweet pea, good manners!" Or something like that.

And this girl, she's feeling better. Thank goodness, because her water flute performances are in full swing.


Plus she has that twinkle back in her eye. 

That one, right there.


And we're lounging, which is what weekends should be for. Emma and I finally got out of the house today for the first time since Thursday. I was looking ragged and I think Emma was going stir crazy, so we went to the store to grab some groceries. Only the minute we got to the store Emma decided that she wanted to go home, which made for a very fun shopping trip. Tonight we have a birthday party to attend, then we will race around to prepare for the crazy week ahead. This is what we do every Sunday night. I pack the diaper bag, make sure dishes are caught up, laundry, clothes laid out. 

Joey is still traveling. Week 7. SEVEN I scream! Poor Joey, I know he loathes it just as much as we do. It puts such a damper on our beloved, crazy Sunday's.






















But they are still beloved, and i'm glad this traveling stuff is happening before our little number 2 arrives. Only 15 more weeks and still so much to do. Tonight Emma says the babies name is Joey Junior. I think her Dad has been working on her.

No comments:

Post a Comment