Today we got our snow day. It took my poor neighbor almost 3 hours to clean out our driveway, and Emma watched from her bedroom window screaming, "my snow, he's taking my snow!" I have never once asked our neighbors to shovel or snowblow the driveway, they just do it. Reason #546 that I really am ok if our house never sells.
And so we baked. Homemade berry muffins, and they turned out pretty darn good. Emma loves to help me stir and put the liners in the muffin tins. Those are her specialties in the kitchen; stirring and cupcake liners.


Before putting them in the oven we sprinkled cinnamon and sugar on top. Yum. I ate about 3 too many.

And this afternoon we went sledding with Aunty Liv and Drew.
Emma loved it.
And she loves throwing snowballs.

I am so thankful to have my Emma with me on days like today, when Joey is still gone and we are for the most part stuck inside. She is my little companion. The exchanges, the conversations, the stories, I live for them. And my patience has been next to nothing lately, and I feel horrible. I'm blambing these pregnancy hormones, because it is so unlike me to run off of emotions and get annoyed with the little things that shouldn't matter. So tonight Emma and I took a late bath and we talked about all of the fun things we are going to do at her birthday party. She would get so excited that her little fists would ball up and she would clench her teeth and squeal. Then she would lay down in the water and pretend to go to sleep, just so she could sit up with excitement and say "good morning, momma, dad's at work today. You stay home wif me. Ok? Ok." And she would cock her head from side to side with the sweetest smile imaginable, shrugging her little shoulders in the mix. I love her. Wild hair and all.
But my favorite part of the snowstorm was watching the snow cover our windows and telling Emma that we were stuck inside of a snow globe. She bought it, she totally did.
*Last night I fell asleep while I was blogging. I hit publish post in my sleep I think, so I didn't get a proofread in or a spell check. It's all good now. Happy reading.
*Last night I fell asleep while I was blogging. I hit publish post in my sleep I think, so I didn't get a proofread in or a spell check. It's all good now. Happy reading.



No comments:
Post a Comment