February 13, 2011

Weekend wrap-up

I've been spoiled this week. Joey has been home, projects have been started, and the weather is warming up. It has been a perfect week, indeed. The bedroom is finished, and I will post a photo as soon as I think to take one. Joey also has the basement moving along in full swing. He is so very handy.

Emma and I have a new morning ritual. We drink coffee together. Actually, a little juice will suffice for her, but she says it's coffee and even acts like it is hot on her little lips. 

Don't judge the fact that she often wears her clothes from the day before to bed. We're all about simplicity in this house.

And she thinks she's a scary monster. Roars and hollers and tries to sneak up on ya. It makes me laugh every time. But afraid, of course. Very, very afraid.





In between tumbling, cleaning, and trips to Menards, the weather decided to get warm. I'm talking 40's, which totally called for a nice little walk outside. I walked a few blocks and realized how horribly out of shape I am. We moved slowly, but Emma didn't complain.



And she would make snowballs all day if she could. Chucks them at me and runs away laughing. 

I had a heck of a time getting her to come inside.




In other big news, Emma has a mailbox. Her very own, right in her bedroom.

And without even knowing this, Great Grandma Shirley sent Emma a Valentine's Day card in the mail. I snuck it in Emma's mailbox and Emma about did a backflip when I told her she had mail.


She got the most perfect card, with stickers and a $2 bill. 

Thanks, Grandma Shirley! Emma has been talking about you all night.
















So if anyone else wants to make Emma's day, send her a little mail. She'll love ya forever.

The whirlwind of a great week is slowly coming to an end. Tomorrow Joey goes back to work for the week, but i'm a little hopeful knowing next week he'll be with us so we can jet off to Vegas for a few days. 

And this week should be good. Joey's brother and his wife are having their baby on Thursday, assuming all goes as planned. Emma is very excited to meet her new baby cousin, and I am excited to remember just how sweet and tiny new babies are. 11 more weeks and we will have one all for our own. I think Emma thinks it's going to be her baby, and that's ok. We can share.

No comments:

Post a Comment