This first week home with Eva has been all about trying to find some sort of a new normal.
I've had a bit of a rough week, starting with a raging headache and a trip to the immediate care, then landing myself in the ER with sky high blood pressure. I'm feeling better, and hoping that this is all hormone related and flushes out of my system soon. Thank God for Joey, who has been shuffling me to doctor's appointments and taking care of us all week. Never complaining, just wanting me to rest and doing everything he can for the girls.
And sweet Eva. She is this beautiful, sweet little baby who I could just stare at all day long. We are all in love with her, and I think she's looking more and more like her big sister everyday. I haven't had much time for proper photo's, but I know there's plenty of time for that.
Eva's first bath

Dr. Davis saw Eva on Monday and re-checked her bilirubin for jaundice. Thankfully the levels were low, and we didn't have anything to worry about. We had a follow up appointment on Thursday, and Eva had gained almost 10 oz in 3 short days.

We've had lots of visitors, all soaking up the sweetness of a brand new baby. I'm convinced that there isn't anything better.
Eva with her Great Nana and Papa

I'm so proud of our little Emma, who has been such a trooper and a great big sister. She is a little momma, and we can't leave her alone with Eva for a second. She is constantly trying to grab her out of the bassinet, comb her hair, feed her snacks. I feel bad about the constant “No Emma,”
Don’t pick her up,” “Emma you can’t squeeze her head,” “No, Eva can’t
eat cheeto’s.” But she’s adjusting like a champ, and is sincerely in love with
her baby sister.
And despite the chilly, rainy weather outside, Emma just looked at me and said "it's a beautiful day."
Happy Saturday.



You have two beauties! Congratulations, Katie!
ReplyDelete