Today is a new day,
today is a new day - It’s my mantra this morning, and I have been chanting it
aloud to myself with hopes that today will be the day where I get things back
under control. Emma has been giving me a run for my money these past few days,
still loving her sister but poking at her and frequently giving her little
whacks when I remind her to be gentle. There are times throughout the day where I’ll
tick Emma off, and she looks at me with an evil eye and I know exactly what
she’s thinking, and she knows I know… and we race to Eva’s bassinet both trying
to get there before the other, and I usually barely beat her there just before
she can create havoc. So time-outs are frequent and tempers have been lost, but
thankfully little Eva stays asleep and unharmed during big sister’s fits.
But her sweetness is still there, and it always overshadows her naughty moments. She always yells “I so
sorry sweetheart” to Eva from time-out, and says “I love you mom” about 25
different times throughout the day like she knows I need to hear it. Girl knows how to push her momma's buttons.

Eva, oh holy sweetness. She is the most perfect little baby. Letting out a little squawk when there's something she needs, and sitting in her bassinet awake and content for long periods of time.

Joey's coming home early from work today, so Emma is looking out the window chanting "I want my dad! I want my dad!" I don't blame her one bit. I want him home, too.

This morning Emma ate chicken, oreo’s, and 2
cups of non-watered down juice for breakfast, just because today is our new day and I love hearing her say “dewicious.” And so far, she’s only had 1 time-out and dad should be home any minute. I’d say our day is off to a
good start.




No comments:
Post a Comment