December 21, 2011

Christmas Countdown

I will blog more often, I will blog more often. I've been chanting it to myself daily, because this is my way of journaling for my sweet girls and I feel myself falling behind. My spare time is sparse, as my days are spent with Eva on my hip and Emma on my tail - wanting to do a puzzle, play play-dough, or read her favorite books on repeat. Our house is anything but boring.

Eva has graduated to the high chair. No more Bumbo propped on the counter, because she was starting to make me nervous with her attempts to escape. Sister needs straps.






The little stinker is starting to favor her sweet foods. She gags now when I give her peas, but add a little apple and she'll eat them right up. I've been coming up with some weird concoctions, but as long as I add in a little sweet the girl is happy. Tomorrow we're going to try plums for the first time.



We got our first real snow last Saturday. It was everything I thought it would be.

Emma woke up, gasped, and immediately begged to go outside and play.








She wanted a snowman so bad, but Joey couldn't get the snow to pack without freezing his hands. 







Maybe it's just me, but Christmas seems to have snuck up on us so fast this year. I feel like i'm barely through my "Christmas" bins full of decorations.

 Sunday was our first Christmas celebration of the season at my dad's. Emma was a happy camper chasing around her cousins and opening presents. This girl just oozes Christmas spirit.




Eva wasn't really having it. She was in a mood, I think completely overwhelmed by all the people and overtired which didn't help. Emma was the same exact way when she was a baby - got sick after her first Thanksgiving and Christmas because of all the commotion. 

My aunt and uncle were able to distract her for little bits of time, but for the most part she clung to momma.

My aunt made Eva the most darling gift. A bean bag that she sewed and little ruffle pants with a matching headband. She's a wonderful seamstress, and I keep telling her I need lessons so I can sew more for the girls.




paper = happy baby



Tuesday was Emma's Christmas party at school. We missed her Program for our family Christmas, so I was glad they had a little celebration during school that she could be at. 

We spent the whole morning finishing up our game for the party - pin the nose on Rudolph. A few hot glue gun burns later and I think it was a success.




I love watching Emma in her classroom. She still loves her little friend Jack and does such a great job listening to her teacher. Whenever I leave my cheeks hurt from smiling so much.












We are so ready for our Christmas weekend. Our celebrations begin on Friday and don't end until Monday - and I'm totally a fan of making it last.

Tomorrow we are doing some baking and making a trip to the dollar store so Emma can hand pick some presents for her favorite people. 

Now, I have a bed full of presents just begging to be wrapped. xxo



No comments:

Post a Comment