December 9, 2011

Holiday Cheer

Over the past week I think I made a dozen attempts to get a cute Christmas picture of my girls in front of the tree. I have not been successful.




Eva is always happy at first until Emma starts messing with her. Then by the time Emma is looking and smiling Eva is so over it.



Emma, always keeping it classy.



Emma likes to sleep out in the living room in front of the Christmas tree, and we totally encourage it. 




I could go on and on about this girl. Like how she walks around singing Jingle Bells and rearranges the ornaments on the tree by color, because like-colors are a family and the momma needs to be by her babies. She climbs on the counter now and helps herself to food, and must have someone tell her a story while she goes potty - "Tell me a story about a pwincess and a dwagon and a wittle puppy that bit the dwagon." Joey rocks it in this department. Me, not so much.

She also says "your tidding me, right?" when she gets really excited about something. 

Seriously, she's the sweetest thing.


Anything Eva related and Emma is all over it. Diaper changes, baths, feedings - and if I don't watch her like a hawk Eva quickly becomes a baby doll. Today I was in the other room and I hear "my sack of carrots, sack of carrots" and oh yes, Eva was the sack of carrots (and loving every minute of it).

They adore one another. It's the best.






Eva had a doctors appointment on Thursday this week. Just a checkup, and birdie is healthy as can be. She weighed 16.3 lbs, was 27 1/4 inches, and didn't care much for poor Dr. Davis. 

She has a new face. We call it the face, and get really excited when we hear her snorting and know she's doing it.

"Look, the face! THE FACE!"







Perhaps the highlight of our week, Emma got a video message from Santa. He says hi and talks to her about becoming a big sister and how she needs to brush her teeth before bed. He even had a few pictures, which was the coolest thing ever. Then at the end the elves flipped a switch to see if Emma was a good girl this past year, and by golly she was. I think Emma even said "your tidding me, right?" when it was over.

Watching her face as she watches the video, I die.

Here she is watching it for the gazillionth time. Still shocked. Still excited.




We've been working on lots of Christmas crafts, and today our homemade ornaments were a bust. I left Emma alone with the dough while I changed Eva's diaper and she had quickly decided to add more water. We're going for round two tomorrow and adding in some cookie baking. 

Off to join my sweet girls in dreamland.




No comments:

Post a Comment