January 20, 2012

Battening Down the Hatches

Eva is on a sleep strike. She sleeps well until about midnight then it all goes downhill. She's so deliciously sweet that I don't mind, and I know that this is just a phase. I think. I hope.

She's very mobile. She follows me all the way into the kitchen, which means she's conquered crawling on the linoleum. There's no holding sister back now. Our only problem so far seems to be cords, but the minute I say Eva no no, she moves on. A phase I hope never ends.






Today we're battening down the hatches for a big snow storm that's just starting outside. I love a good snow storm, especially when we have nowhere to be. Joey has Emma all pumped up for some mega sledding tomorrow morning at the hill here in town. 




Ryley came to play for a few hours this morning. These kids wake up thinking of one another, and it's a constant "Can Ry come play mom. Call Ry mom, pwease he come over." They managed to knock over a candle and dump out every single toy bin we own. My house was a disaster. They are crazy, no exaggerating.

Yesterday might trump it all. Ry and his mom were here and he tripped and cracked his head open on our wall. At first we thought it was nothing, but then I moved the hair to look at it and told Liv she had better bring him in. 4 staples later and he was ready to come back today.







Emma just informed me, "My name's not Emma ANYMORE!" Off to watch the snow fall and make brownies with my new friend Porter. We are looking forward to a great, snow filled weekend. xxo


1 comment:

  1. I hope my Em gets LOTS of snow so she can sled! Soak up the stage with Eva where she listens. We all know those days are numbered! :) Love you sis. Give my BEAUTIFUL nieces a hundred hugs and kisses from their auntie!

    ReplyDelete