I feel a bit all over the place. The weekend came and went and I didn't leave the house one time. Not even a foot out the door. Eva woke up with a fever on Saturday night, so most of my hours were (happily) spent rocking her and kissing on her rosy cheeks. The girl showed no symptoms of being sick besides the high fever and irritability when it would spike. She's such a trooper.
Yesterday after work I took her temp and it was 103, so I decided I wanted to take her in. The doctor said her one ear was red enough to treat, and I was just thankful to have a diagnosis and some amoxicillin to get her feeling better. Even with a high fever she was bouncing on my lap and chatting. The doctor and nurse at the clinic were quite smitten.
Joey and I are such wrecks when the girls are sick. Even the slightest fever puts us on edge. I was reminded how thankful I am to have two healthy girls 99.9% of the time.
Some highlights from our weekend..
Friday Emma had Korbyn come over for a play day. I must have been feeling daring because Ry even came over for a few hours.
It was a mad house, but the kids were in heaven. Emma is still talking about it, saying Korbyn needs to move in.

At one point Emma came up to me on Saturday and told me she needed some quiet. Then she sprawled out on the floor with her snowglobes and bible, and hushed me any time I would talk. She was weading. This is so typical Emma.

This morning Eva woke up with a cool forehead, eliciting lots of clapping and happy cheers.
It's supposed to be a high of almost 60 degrees today, so we're ready to take a nice long walk to the park. I think some fresh air is just what the doctor ordered.



No comments:
Post a Comment