February 17, 2012

Valentine's Day Week

It's been a great week. Anytime there's a holiday we live it up, and this week was no exception. We've been keeping busy lately, either on the go or just busy busy at home, with crafts for Valentines Day or keeping tabs on the ever-mobile Eva. 

Joey has had a little break in between jobs, and it's been such a treat having him home this past week. He's been working hard on our basement, and i'm hopeful that soon we'll have it finished once and for all. We are in dire need of the space- bursting at the seams in our little two bedroom home. Joey and I aren't fans of clutter, so we've managed to keep it to a minimum by storing toys down stairs and swapping them out for the girls every so often. It will be nice when we can go down there and play.




Emma had a Valentine's Day party at school on Tuesday, and as always it was filled with more cuteness than I could handle. Joey got to come this time, and it's such a treat watching Emma interact with the other kids and stick close to her much talked about best friend Jack. Joey thinks Emma might be kinda naughty. I think she was just extra excited since we were both there.












We ate an early dinner at Chili's on Valentine's Day to try and beat the crowd with the girls and grabbed some groceries before heading home. Chili's is Emma's favorite because she makes a meal out of corn on the cob. We got our special girl some flowers, too.






I don't think i'm at all partial, but I think Eva is the most delicious baby ever. Everywhere we go people tell me she looks like a doll. She's got a sweet personality to boot. 

We love her a whole lot.


Yesterday we went to my mom and Mark's after Emma's school. Emma was reunited with little puppy Jack and barely put him down the whole time we were there. The neighbor brought over her two french bulldog puppies and Emma was in dog heaven. 

Then we went home and I told Emma that puppies are alot of work, so she said she wants a gray bunny instead.





Today we went to the Discovery Center with Elle and Emery.

Lots and lots of fun and activity for the girls.


They have phones where you can push the number and talk from across the room. So Emma wanted to talk to me and I asked her which number was by her phone. 3, she said. So I dialed a 3, and by golly she was right. She's learning her numbers and letters like a champ.




It's funny how you lighten up with your second baby, though I didn't believe it when people told me I would. Eva was chewing on balls and crawling around the floor and I wasn't too fazed. I was even a bit surprised with myself. I just kept wiping her hands and now keep hoping that she didn't contract some awful virus. Joey would have killed me, but I say sister needs to build some immunity.

Emma is quite the nudist artist.


We just got back from a walk to the park where we met my brother, Drew and Ryley. At one point I was sitting back watching Ry and Emma play when Ryley smacked his head pretty good. I waited to see if he was ok, and Emma immediately grabbed his head with both hands and kissed where he had hit, and without even skipping a beat they just kept playing. Magical, I tell you.




We don't have any plans for our weekend, besides a birthday party tomorrow for sweet cousin Mason who turned 1 today.  

I've thrown myself into planning a birthday party for a sweet girl who will soon be 4. We were in high gear planning an elephant/circus themed party when Emma suddenly changed her mind and decided she wanted unicorns instead. I'm not sure how to do a unicorn party, but i'm still holding hope that she'll change her mind. Either way, we're excited.

Happy Weekend. 





No comments:

Post a Comment