April 10, 2012

Catching Up

I've sat down to blog approximately 2874746 times since Emma's birthday bash, but it seems something always comes up. Eva got a nasty little bug last Tuesday, and she's just now getting back to normal. The poor girl had an ear infection and a nasty virus, and spent a good 5 days spiking high fevers and not at all acting like the Eva we know and love. I think Joey and I have said a dozen times how thankful we are that she is better. There's nothing worse then when your kids are sick.

Emma was on spring break last week, and in between her begging to go to school and Eva's little bug, I felt like a crazy person. Emma got dance lessons from Grandma Jodie and Papa Mark for her birthday, and just minutes before decided she did not want to go. She told Joey and I that there is a man with white hair who will be teaching her, and she is afraid. No idea where she got this idea. She is still refusing, so this week we are going to try tumbling instead. So far 4 is proving to be a challenge. Lots of sass and tantrums that seem to have come from nowhere, and it's the littlest of things that set her off. There is still an equal amount of sweetness though, too. 

Emma's birthday.

Her day was great. I reminded her that it was her special day, and how happy I was 4 years prior when she made me a momma. We love birthdays.

She almost wouldn't wear her new dress because she didn't want everyone oooing and aaahing over it at her party. Seriously, the things this girl thinks of.



We had a carnival/circus themed party, and Emma was my special helper all week making the party hats and tissue paper garland. We had goody bags for the kids, circus masks and a popcorn machine. 

And of course we had chocolate cake, per Emma's request. She is the chocolate queen.




The night before Emma's birthday Eva decided to pull an all nighter. She got a second wind around 11:30 and kept Joey and I up until almost 3am. We were all pretty wiped, but I thought things still turned out great. Luckily I have a husband who is johnny-on-it with the party planning. He set up the entire garage, arranged all my decorations, made the BBQ's, picked up the balloons. I'm glad the girls have him for a dad.








Emma's birthday balloons looked so cool covering the play room ceiling. I think we should always have balloons floating around.



Easter

The bunny paid us a visit on Easter morning. He hid baskets for the girls and put eggs all over our living room. Emma woke up wide eyed and excited. 

The bunny even brought her a wuggle pet, just what she wanted.





The bunny brought Eva a couple of books. Sister goes nutty for books with little flaps she can lift, and the bunny happened to bring 3 that were just perfect.




Thankfully Eva was well enough on Easter that we were able to go to my Uncle Dave's house for lunch. We flew kites, chased chickens, and ate way too much food. It just so happened that Eva napped in her stroller for most of the afternoon.

When we left Emma was covered in dirt.






The chickens were clucking at Emma, and she just shushed at them and reached right in to grab them. It's so funny how the littlest of things can scare her, but she'll reach right in at a pecking chicken. She carried one around for quite some time.




Before going home we stopped by Joey's grandma Kay's for a little visit. It was a happy Easter.


Off to pick up a bit and grab Emma from school. Tuesdays we always go to the library and then get ready for swimming. We like our busy days.

Here's to a great week.

No comments:

Post a Comment