June 3, 2012

Summer

Warm weather apparently puts me on some sort of high. One where we wake up, throw on our suits and immediately go spread our towels across the lawn. Summer is good, good for all of us, especially two happy little souls that live to be outdoors drenched in sunscreen.

We play hard all day, coming up for air only to eat a quick lunch and give Eva a nap - which usually ends up happening outside in her stroller. The girls crash at bedtime and I go days without folding the laundry or powering up my computer.

It may not officially be summer, but we can declare it official if we very well please. I am reminded daily how badly I wish we lived somewhere warm. Florida, I think. I was laying in bed the other night thinking about the girls growing up, and wondering if they'll both move south someday - where we'll totally be forced to follow them. I think it's my only hope.









Our evenings have been hectic. Emma has t-ball on Tuesday's, swimming on Wednesday's, tumbling on Thursday's, and Joey has softball Wednesday's as well. I have been helping out in the office at work, so I literally race home to grab the girls and head off to wherever it is we have to be. 

Emma likes to stay busy, and really we only have to drive a minute to get to lessons. The hard part is keeping Eva busy for the hour that we are there, where she spends her time chasing other kids around trying to kiss them. She loves little kids, she just isn't great at being gentle and keeping her hands to herself. So far she's scratched two little kids real good right on the face. 











We had a great memorial day weekend. My cousin Ella came for a few days, Uncle Luke was here, and of course we went downtown for the parade. 








Emma started t-ball a few weeks ago. She didn't want to play on the day it started, but we had already paid so I made her. Now she's kinda take it or leave it, though more on the leave it end. At her first game this past Tuesday she basically stood there the entire time, never once running to get the ball or trying to make a play- and it was hit to her quite a few times. During a quick break to go potty I tried telling her that she needed to run and grab the ball when it gets hit by her, to which she responded, "But I don't want the ball." 

At least she hit the ball and ran when it was her turn. She liked that part I think.









Today on a whim we decided to bring the girls to the Madison Zoo. We had a great time. Eva was way into the animals, pointing and clapping, and Emma got to pet a bearded dragon.







































Of all the times we've been there, we've never ridden the carousal until today. Emma was ecstatic, it was the highlight of my day watching her. She keeps asking to see the picture of her zebra.



The girls loved the goats. Loved them.







































This week is going to be a bit crazy. I work every day, so I spent tonight trying to get things ready. I'm really spoiled normally only working 2 days a week.

Emma gets to go to a play date at school on Thursday, and she's excited to see her Mrs. Mary.

Cheers to happy weekends. xxo


No comments:

Post a Comment