December 3, 2012

Thankful

This Thanksgiving I had so much to be thankful for. Really I always have a lot to be thankful for, and it's something I try so hard not to take for granted. My girls are healthy and beautiful. They have big hearts and genuinely bring me and so many other people alot of happiness.

We did a thankful board this year, where we pinned up what we were thankful for each day leading up to Thanksgiving. Emma was thankful for things like Barack Obama (i'm serious, she made me put that), her dad, Ryley & Drew, a cozy - warm house, and having a nice warm bath.  Isn't she the best?

We went to my Aunt Sheila & Uncle Mike's for Thanksgiving. Emma was still a tad punky from her flu bug and had a meltdown because she was constipated (sorry Emma). She's still as cute as can be. That afternoon we headed to Joey's Grandma Kay's to visit.




I'm bragging and i'm sorry, but Eva is the funniest girl ever. She is smart and witty and makes us all laugh constantly at just shy of 19 months old. She talks like she's 4, it's pretty amazing. And she always knows just what to say or do to keep the moment light. I can't believe I birthed her. I have a video of her counting to 18. 18! She could be a youtube sensation. I credit Emma who is such a great player, and who has the most vivid imagination. Eva soaks her up.


























We made our annual trip to the Christmas Tree farm. Joey always says it's his favorite day of the whole year. 


This is Emma telling Eva to stay away from the Ostrich. "No Eva it will bite!!" Because Joey and I aren't always capable of keeping her safe, you know? Emma the helicopter sister.






We saw one of Santa's reindeer. Bernard was his name, and he came right up to say hello.


In the past Emma hasn't been to fond of sitting on Santa's lap, but this year she acted ready. She made him a picture of what she would like for Christmas (Butterscotch the pony) and kept it close to her until it was time to see him. She surprised us by walking right up and handing over the letter and sat seriously on his lap for a chat. Eva was yelling "no dad, no" the closer we got and wanted nothing to do with him. I'm not one for forcing them if they're scared.

I wanted to keep her sweet picture of Butterscotch so bad, but knew it was important that Santa keep it. Emma had worked so hard on it and after take 15 finally drew one that was just right. (Perfectionist, much?)



Our elf Patrick returned, and he's been up to no good. 

I love this time of year.



No comments:

Post a Comment