Valentine's Day came and went. We are now in full blown birthday mode - where Emma wakes up every day asking how much longer until her birthday. She is still discussing her apparent birthday party with her classmates, and her latest update is that Lexie is for sure coming (we get updates every day after school). She would also like a tree fort for her birthday and a pogo stick.
She will be 5 and then start Kindergarden a few months later. I can't even..

The girls love the snow. They make the winter months so much happier, begging to go outside and never once complaining of a chill or wet gloves. Eva loves it as much as Emma. I thought she was going to fall asleep in the sled the last time we went out.

Emma had her valentine party at school. This is her last party as a preschooler, and i'm sick with the idea that Kindergarden might not have little parties that include the parents.

A future politician, i'm about 80% positive.

Our sweet nephew Mason turned two last weekend. Eva was totally a stink pot and bit a little boy who was there. She has never been a biter, so I have no idea what got into her. She is smart, and she knows better. I put her in a time-out, and she sat there smirking. I was at a loss. It was a bad, bad parenting moment.
Normally Eva is just a bundle of joy. She is so smoochable and loves to make people laugh. She sings little songs and dances whenever she hears a tune. At least 10 times a day I hear yook at me, mom. Yook at me! before she takes off to do something cute.
Lately at dinner she pretends to be sleeping. Joey tickles her cheeks to wake her.
I will say it until it's no longer true - hopefully never - Em and Eve are the most perfect little pair. They play, play, play and are always looking out for the other. It seems strange that I can leave them in the bath for a good half hour while I clean up, knowing that Emma will notify me of any dropped wash cloth and let a little water drain when it reaches her belly button.
The last day or so Eva has been on a scratching spree. She loves to scratch Emma and then run, waiting to see what we will do. Emma quickly notifies me, then I'll hear her tell Eva in a high pitched momma voice, "No, no, Eve. You need to be a sweetie cutie and not scratch, ok?"
Joey got Emma flowers for Valentine's Day. She was beaming when he gave them to her. She totally deserves them for being her sweet little self every day.
Today I didn't take one step out of the house. I'm really lucky to only work three days a week and have the girls with their grandma when I do, but there's nothing better than being home with them.
Happy Friday. xx







No comments:
Post a Comment