January 20, 2009

Life

I can't help but feel sad after reading a blog I heard about in People Magazine. It's about a father named Matt Logelin who is raising his daughter Maddie all by himself. Her mother died just after giving birth from a pulmonary embolism. It happened right when she was trying to get up to see her precious baby for the first time. Maddie's mom, Liz, gave birth March 24th, 2008. She passed away March 25th, 2008. That was my due date, and I remember sitting in my doctors office hooked up to a stress test wondering when Emma was going to make her grand arrival. I will mention that her name was going to be Marley or Chloe at that point. Have you heard of Matt's blog? Go there. Now. www.mattlogelin.com. It's much better then my blog.

It makes me thankful to be here with my beautiful daughter and Joey. We are very blessed. I am done being sappy now.

Joey and Emma hung out all day while I worked. Joey insists on putting Emma on the phone whenever I call during the day, and he says she gets a huge grin on her face. That makes me happy. Joey reminded me of how sweet Emma is in the mornings. He says he walked into her room and got the biggest, best smile ever. I should mention that her bedroom used to be his. Me and Emma share it. Joey is on the couch. Then they ate some bananna and puffs, and had just a great day. I am so jealous.. but so glad they can have some alone time to hang out and play. Emma fell tonight and hit her poor little forehead. Darn coffee table. She had a nasty bluish-purple mark for some time, and Joey let me know that if DCFS gets called, I did it. Thanks buddy. I'm sure that will be the first of many nasty bumps and bruises. For those of you who know me, I am totally anal and over the top about everything concerning Emma. So her little bruise is sure to bother me for some time. Luckily, Emma doesn't seem to be bothered and she is fast asleep... Here's a picture of my sleeping beauty from about 15 min ago...

Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment