June 11, 2011

March, march, march

...and it was a great week. Filled with sunset pool swims, lunch with great Grandma Shirley, and of course Ella here, who I did get to stay an extra day - still falling short of the permanent move I had hoped for.

We went for a jog even. I was able to jog two times around our "block", which doesn't seem like much, but after my 60 lb pregnancy weight gain felt like marathon. I much prefer walking.

Ella, come back to us. Or as Emma randomly calls her, Tessa.



Kiddie pools might be the greatest invention ever (along with sidewalk chalk and bubbles). With Ella here Emma was able to be outside as much as she liked, and sister is a fish. These pictures were taken at about 8:30 pm, when we gladly granted her a late-night dip.
 


I've been thinking I need to concoct a summer to-do list. We need a few visits to the zoo, picnics at the park, and trips to Westlake's beach. And maybe a few extra's such as painting the girls' dresser, getting family photo's.. The possibilities are endless, and lists hold you more accountable, right?



I have a little over 6 weeks left of my maternity leave. I'm trying extra hard to stay positive, but the time seems to be slipping away faster than I thought it would. I'm lucky to have a job where i'm only gone 3 days a week, so i'm staying positive - and thankful for this summer home with the girls.



We had a great lunch with Grandma Shirley, and Emma had more fun playing at her house when we got back. Grandma Shirley has more patience than almost anyone I know, which I suppose she needed to raise my dad and his 4 siblings who are very close in age. 


Emma kept twirling her around in a chair - making sure her "friends" were along for the ride. Ella and I were helping grandma with her computer, which was a slow process because Emma kept saying "pway wif me gwamma," and she always happily obliged. 

There will be more trips to Grandma Shirley's this summer. Putting it on the list.
 


We have a busy day planned. A parade (or "march, march, march" as Em calls it), GV days (we're hoping for pony rides), and a graduation party for my soon to be step-brother. I like busy summer days, almost as much as I like the lazy ones spent at home. I'm thankful that Eva is just a chill, go with the flow kind of baby - happy as long as she has a full tummy and someone to give her a little rock. Joey calls her Eva Geneva.

Off to shower for the day's festivities, put laundry in the dryer, and get Emma out of time-out for patting sisters head too hard (times 12). We've got our own little march, march, march going on. 

Fingers crossed for pony rides. xxx



No comments:

Post a Comment