June 21, 2011

Recap

I think Joey had a great Father's Day, spent with all of his favorite people -- and most importantly, his girls. They got him the Eric Carle book Mister Seahorse, because seahorses are special in that they are one of the only fish that do all of the work for their babies until they hatch. They're good daddy's -- Joey's our seahorse.

Eva projectile vomited twice, then sat and cooing and smiling afterwards. I was panicked she had picked up Emma's flu from earlier in the week, but tried my hardest not to worry Joey (because he worries if I do) while secretly kissing her forehead to check for a temp and giving her extra cuddles while she slept. Our birdie was just fine, happy as a clam all day long.


We visited both Joey's family and mine, and despite the craziness of going from house to house, the day felt relaxing and fun.

Emma really really loves babies. Like, she's a little momma if i've ever seen one. Little cousin Mason is no exception.
  







******
Today has been one of those days. Emma has been a bit temperamental, because 3 is apparently the new 16, and I suppose she's craving the attention that was not long ago all hers. For instance, she asked for a green popsicle this afternoon only to throw it on the ground stomping because she "don't want it", and wanted a purple one instead.

And she won't kiss Joey on the lips. She will me, but daddy gets the cheek and it makes him crazy.



Joey is off work this week and i'm oh so thankful. It's a busy week of appointments -- my 6 week post-partum checkup and doctor's appointments for both of the girls. The well-baby visits always make me nervous, because Emma tended to run a little fever after her shots. I'm saying prayers that birdie doesn't follow in her footsteps. 

Eva has been waking up once in the middle of the night. Once, like seriously where did this girl come from. I'm done knocking on wood and being all superstitious about saying what a good baby she is. She's a good baby, she rocks. That's that. 

And she's a beauty on top of it. How lucky are we.
 


No comments:

Post a Comment