Morning is probably my favorite time with the girls. They're sweet, they're cuddly, they're happy.
Every morning Emma wakes up and says good morning, without fail. Then she asks, "I hold baby Eva, mom?"
Joey has been crazy busy the last few days with work, and to say that my darling Emma has been testing my patience would be an understatement. She's been a stink pot, and told me I was mean for the first time today, and probably a dozen more times after that. Because I wouldn't let her change Eva's diaper, or push Eva in her swing as high as she possibly could. I am so mean. She wants to be Eva's momma so bad.
Emma has been asking me to cut her hair. I think it's because she likes the scissors and sees Joey and I get our hair cut, but I don't think I can do it. I'm not even sure she would sit still to have it done. Her beautiful, long golden locks. I hate the thought of cutting it. I asked her again today if she wanted it cut and she said "No mom, you cry."
But then there's this tangle in the back, and it's a real pain. She only lets me comb her hair with a baby brush, and this dang tangle comes back every morning without fail. If I don't get it combed out for a few days, forget about it. I'm not sure if a hair cut would help it or not.
the tangle today, in all its glory

I have been lame these past few days. Tired and impatient, catching up on housework. So finally today at about 3 o'clock Emma and I ventured outside and tried to find something to do other than the same horse puzzle for the 25th time. We played a little sidewalk chalk, ate snap peas out of the garden, and sat and had a nice little chat. We talked about going bowling with a purple ball and she went through each of her grandma's and papa's, aunts and uncles and let me know what they were up to. Most of them work working, some of them were "just at home." I think she forgave me for being such a meanie.
Eva likes being outside so she can look around. She is starting to love the ergo baby carrier Joey got me for mother's day. She's just content with whatever.

And seriously, who knew chalk made such beautiful lipstick. Emma can rock just about any shade.

It's 1:40 and for some reason i'm still wide awake. Morning with my girls will be here in a few short hours.
Joey's snoring is so loud I have no idea how the girls sleep through it.
I better try before Eva is up in a few hours to eat. Goodnight. xxx






No comments:
Post a Comment