August 9, 2011

A day at the park

Today was the perfect August day. We called up Liv and the boys and headed to the park for a picnic.

The kids ran wild for a good 3 hours while Liv and I hung out with the babe. We passed her around and smooched her sweet cheeks. She's edible, really. 








Emma loves her Ry. Watches out for him like a little momma, Asking more than once today, "you ok, ry?" when she couldn't see him. She can sure be a stinker, but she has such a genuine concern for those around her.

I like watching her run off and play on her own, meet new kids and kinda fend for herself. But it's still hard to sit in the sidelines, feeling like she's still so little and needs her momma to guide her around. To this very minute I wonder what all the kids were talking about as they huddled together during hide and seek, and how she became friends with the little girl Patty who was holding her hand. I asked Emma, but haven't gotten much besides "Patty my fwiend, mom. "



We got home from the park and Emma crashed within minutes. Always a sign of a good day, as naps for her are far and few between.

Now it's way too late, we're fighting bed time and reading "I love my Mommy Because..." for the 15th time. Emma has it memorized and has been reading it aloud to me all afternoon.

Sweet dreams. xx




No comments:

Post a Comment