I finally jumped the gun and scheduled family pictures for next month. I went back and forth, back and forth, would it be prettier in spring? Would Eva be at a better age? And likely I wouldn't still have a good 30 lbs of baby weight left to lose. Then I remembered my little motto, live for today- not for next week, next month, next spring. Now I can hardly contain my excitement, searching online for the perfect outfits and headbands for the girls' hair. I don't think I have any pictures of me and both the girls.
I have a bit of an anxiety issue. If the house is out of sorts, well, so am I. When Eva naps I can either play with Emma or do the dishes, and i'm teaching myself that the dishes can wait. Last night I was up until 11:30 cleaning the supper mess and picking up the bathroom from baths, but it felt good to play with my girls rather than clean a mess that will certainly wait.

Today we have an open house at Emma's preschool. We are just a bit excited about this whole school gig. Surprisingly, i'm not feeling sad at all. I know Emma is so ready for this, and just 2 hours a day, 2 days a week, it's perfect.

Yesterday I put Joey to work on the landscaping. We went and got a lavender bush, hydrangea's, and hibiscus among other things. Emma was thrilled to spend the afternoon outside with her dad. I whipped up some paint for her - equal parts corn starch and water, color with food coloring - you've got sidewalk chalk paint. It entertained sister for hours, literally.

Today the sun is shining and there is much to accomplish. We are just a little excited for our visit to Em's school this afternoon. The girls are up and antsy, off to enjoy our Sunday.




No comments:
Post a Comment