November 3, 2011

Welcome, November

The days seem to all run together lately, and i'm trying my best to get creative with fun things to do with the girls inside. Joey has been home the past two nights because of the rain, and it's been such a treat. Funny how you can quickly get into a new routine and forget what "normal" feels like. I'll be glad when the field work's done and he's back to being home at night on a regular basis.

The girls have enjoyed tractor rides. Eva had her first one the other day and loved it.




Both girls were asleep within a half hour of riding. I told Joey he could start bringing them along to ride for the day. 







Eva, oh Eva. Our nights have been rough. For the past week or so she is up every hour through the night wanting to be held. She sleeps great if I sit with her on the boppy, but not long after I put her down she is crying for me to get her. 

This isn't something i'm used to, because with Emma she was in bed with me and we both slept great. I've never been one to function well on little sleep.



I know very well that this too shall pass. Soon enough i'll miss cradling her through the night and how only I can calm her night time cries. I recently read an article that I loved about the amish and how they try to do every task, no matter how small or routine, with love. It's my new motto.

And good thing she's so sweet. 




Emma is such a good big sister. She still adores Eva as much as she did the day we brought her home. She must say 15 times a day, "Wet me kiss Eba, mom!" 




It's so funny, we've discovered that Eva loves baby dolls. She gets all sassy with them hollering and squealing, then chews on their arms and faces. The perfect teething toy. 



We've been enjoying as much time outside as we can. After our wonderful Indian summer, fall is coming fast.





On a whim we went and sat at a little coffee shop yesterday. Emma had her first hot chocolate and she loved it.

And I love her.




 Now off to grab Eva - almost an hour on the dot. Goodnight. xxo

No comments:

Post a Comment