March 1, 2012

Chaos

I feel like i've been suffering through a case of writers block. There's so much going on in our daily lives and so many sweet things I could share about the girls, but when I come to blog about it i'm at a loss for words. 

Our days right now are chaotic. Sometimes chaotic involves staying home all day long and playing with the girls, but regardless of what we're doing the chaos never stops. It's my mind, it's keeping the girls fed and happy and clean and read to. It's getting another bowl of grapes and putting together puzzles and hugging a sweet baby to my hip. It's a very good kind of chaos. Aside from neglecting this little blog and the housework, we are moving right along. I try really hard to be present for the girls. Not just here, but really here. Playing play dough, reading books, doing puzzles and listening to Emma's stories. I don't want to ever take these special years for granted.

Speaking of chaos, it won't be long till Eva girl is walking. She pulls herself up on everything. She stood by herself tonight for a good minute, eating up the cheers from Joey. "Katie, Katie are you seeing this? Look at her, LOOK AT HER!" Ah yes, the milestones never get old.




Ever since little Ryley got glasses a few weeks ago Emma is convinced she needs some of her own. She's been telling me that she can't see a thing (insert lots of blinking when she tells me), so I hooked her up with a fake pair and you wouldn't believe it, now she can see! And she looks darling to boot.






Eva will be 1 in two months, I can't believe it. She's so big, and clingy, and big. She doesn't like it when you walk out of the room or set her down to do something. No. No she does not. 

She gives great kisses. The girl loves her some smooches.








Joey has been hard at work in the basement, and i'm so excited I can hardly stand it. The end is in sight, and I have decor plans going wild in my head. He is pretty much finished with the ceiling, and tomorrow he is putting up the doors and painting them along with the trim. This means we're close.

I went with white for the wall color, because I want to keep it bright despite the lack of natural light down there. It turned out great. Now we are debating carpet vs. laminate for the flooring. I vote carpet for the cozy factor, Joey votes laminate - typical.

Emma has had so much fun helping Joey. She puts on her rain boots and down she goes. She makes him play Michael Jackson's Bad for her over and over on the Ipod, and i'm almost positive they're down there dancing and not working.










I usually drink a smoothie in the morning for breakfast and Eva is obsessed. She starts flailing her arms and kicking when I start the blender. I always give her some watered down in a sippy and she gobbles it right up. I hope I have a good eater on my hands. My picky girl Emma wouldn't try a smoothie for a litter of puppies. 




Last weekend we ran into my mom and Mark at Chili's when we were in town furniture shopping. It was a funny surprise.










We are preparing for Emma's big birthday coming up, and Easter, and all things springy and bright. Emma cried full out tears earlier in the week when the snow melted, and I was trying to explain to her that we want warm skies and green grass. Flowers are a plus.






Lately Emma has been expressing concern about getting bigger. It all started when I asked her what she wanted to do when she grew up, and she thought about it a bit and said, "Oh, I not gonna grow up I stay little." So I told her that I was fine with that. She can stay little and live with me forever. I meant it.


Now, off to enjoy another weekend with no agenda. Amen. xxo.



No comments:

Post a Comment