
Eva,
It's hard to grasp that you are a year old. I'm not sure if the year has gone really fast or really slow. I feel like you have always been here, always a part of our family, but then I feel like I just yesterday saw the two faint lines on the pregnancy test. A girl. Another sweet daughter, just as big sister Emma predicted - she knew all along. Everyday I get these aha moments, where i'm 100% positive that you belong to our family. Of course you do. You fit right in, and we all love you more than you know.
You are happy. This joyful little bean who radiates sunshine and all things happy. You love having people around you, anyone will do, including the random strangers you reach your arms out to. Sometimes I have to remind myself that I am indeed your favorite (as mother's should be), because you love everyone. Literally, love everyone.
You say things. Often repeating what we say, but common things out of your mouth are thank you, baby, momma, dada, ma (Emma), toys, ya. Some of your favorite past times include escaping diaper changes, eating Diesel's food, and reading books with flaps you can lift. You are obsessed with other little kids, and love to go places and see new things. Emma is our homebody and you are our girl who loves to go. You flail your arms and pitch a fit whenever it is time to get back in your carseat. And being outside might be your absolute favorite.
There is a mischievous side to you. One that runs when we tell you to come, rips up toilet paper, and whips objects across the room when you've had enough. You do it all with a smile on your face. Always, always smiling.
You're a little beauty, with chubby cheeks and insane hair. You bear a striking resemblance to your big sister, yet you have a look all your own. You are so perfect. Of course.
We love you Eva bean. You are such a joy. Happy, happy birthday. xxo
No comments:
Post a Comment