May 4, 2012

Birthday Weekend

I'm in full swing preparing for Eva's birthday party on Sunday. I can't believe that she is just a day away from being one. ONE! It is baffling, crazy, unreal. She is this ball of sweetness, who is now officially (insert drum roll)..... walking! She's pretty unsteady, but getting there. She walks way too fast and loses her balance, but quickly gets back up and is on her merry way. We love her alot. The three of us almost fight over who gets her next kiss or who gets to hold her hand while she walks around outside. She is just a joy.



We are working really hard on nipping Emma's newly acquired temper tantrums in the butt. And by working really hard I mean ignoring her. Not giving her the attention that she wants, or getting her "a BIG toy, because Target's dollar section is no good!" She spent a good five minutes being that kid in the store the other day. She has never been a tantrum child. She has always been my good listener and reasonable girl, but she's testing her boundaries in a big way. 

Yesterday we were at my cousin's house and she might have had 10 tantrums. About things like Korbyn getting off the trampoline before she was ready for him to, or forgetting to put her shoes on and freaking out that she was barefoot. Then she sits in time out screaming bloody murder for an entire four minutes. 

It will pass. I know. I hope. And she's still sweet 90% of the time.







































Eva loves an ice cream cone with a dab of ice cream in the bottom. She is very adamant on eating the same things as we do. Her big thing is rice krispies, and she'll literally attack Emma to get a bite.


a very typical scene in our house






I'm trying to wean Eva. I've started giving her bottles at night time and added an ounce of whole milk for the first time tonight. Our big battle is going to be the middle of the night, since Eva likes to wake up and climb right on top of me. Silly kid.




I've made Emma do each and every one of her thank you's for her birthday party. It has been a long process (hence the delay), as she's drawing a picture for each person inside. I tell her who the card is for, she draws a picture, and I label it for her. So far one of my favorites is her random drawing of "a night sky" for Logan and Hunter's thank you. She can do a mean portrait, too.

She doesn't like to mess up her drawings. She's a total perfectionist (ahem, little Joey).






We delivered a May Day basket to Ry this week. I tried to convince her to hang it on our neighbors door, but she was determined to give it to Ryley. So we drove over to Ry's and snuck it on his door.



Our weeks seem full with swimming on Tuesday's and tumbling on Thursday's, amongst other things. Emma really likes both of her classes (swimming is her favorite), and Eva likes tagging along just as much. I spend the whole hour chasing her around and pulling her off of the other kids that she attacks and scratches in an attempt to kiss them. Eva loves little kids. Freaking loves them.



Eva girl is restless tonight. Off to go join her and rest up for a big and busy weekend. xxo



No comments:

Post a Comment