I did it. After four whole years I finally cut Emma's hair. I did it myself today on a whim and she is not happy with me. I think she looks so darling and am hopeful that she will forgive me soon. She says she doesn't like little hair and wants it all back. She was horrified as I did it, but now knows that it isn't painful to get a hair cut. I'm hoping next time my friend Linz will be able to do it and even out my edges.
I made one snip and got sick to my stomach. I went a bit shorter than I hoped, and quickly realized that the hair on her ends had been with her since she was born. And her curls are gone. Gone. (Sniffle).
Before

After

In other news...
Emma is done with school for the year. Tuesday was her last day, and she was sad after saying goodbye to the beloved Mrs. Mary. Thankfully they have scheduled playdates over the summer, so she will be able to visit before going back in the fall. I also think we're going to enroll her again in swimming and tumbling for the summer session to keep her busy.
We have been living outside. It feels like summer. Amen.
We go on a dozen walks a day. They are slow walks, because Emma either wants to walk or ride her tricycle. Then I usually end up carrying the darn tricycle part way. Emma makes us stop frequently to draw out a map with a stick. We're usually rescuing Boots ( Dora) or in search of treasure. Her imagination is insane. Good insane.
It works out great because i'm on a reading kick, so I read as we stroll.

We had a great time at Eva's birthday party last Sunday. Eva was as happy as can be, especially riding around in her new car. She would hardly get out to open her presents.
She loved her cake. As should be expected, she quickly dove in and made a huge mess.

For Emma's last day of school we made Mrs. Mary a present. Emma was so excited to give it to her, and made me wrap it in purple tissue paper (Emma's favorite).
Eva is a walking machine. Not near as wobbly as she was just a week ago. Call me crazy, but I love the new walking stage. Eva is so proud of her new found independence.
Off to shower and catch up on the house work. The girls have been staying up uber late the past week or so, and i'm trying to get them on a better schedule. Eva is refusing to nap, refusing to go to bed at night.. Emma stays up late too even after playing hard all day and not taking a nap. It must be something in the air.
Next week will be better.
Happy weekend. xxo




No comments:
Post a Comment