March 25, 2013

A Birthday Countdown

Spring is here, and I am really starting to crave the warmth and sunshine. The girls with their love for snow and life in general kept me from hating the cold this winter. This coming weekend is supposed to be beautiful, just in time for a special girl and her Easter birthday.

Eva has been giving us such a run for our money. She is cuter than cute - that she is, but the girl scratches. Poor Emma gets the brunt of it and usually has a handful of red scratches on her face. Time-outs and stern talking to's do not work, and lately i've been at a loss. We sometimes will tell Emma to scratch her back (usually after the 5th, 6th time Eva gets her), but she doesn't have it in her. Eva is lucky that Emma is so sweet.

Then there's the temper tantrums. Oh my gosh. And trying to strap her into her car seat or chasing her down like a wet little pig for every diaper change. Sister is something else, but cute. So cute.











After much begging, Emma got a hair cut. This was her first time getting a "real" hair cut since her first one was done by me. She wanted it above her ears but I was a mean mom and made her go to her chin. It ended up being enough to donate to locks of love, and she was quite proud. As we walked out the door of the salon Emma told me it wasn't short enough. It's not above my ears, she said.




I think she looks so much older with short hair. We no longer have the struggle with brushing, but I sometimes have to run the straightener through it to tame it down. I'll be excited when I can put it in a pony tail again, but I think she looks darling with it short.


Despite being a stink pot, Eva is a charmer. Even in those moments of frustration, she knows just what to say and do to make us laugh. 





We've been trying to go to the pool in town for open swim. Eva is a bit nervous of the water, so i'm trying to get her warmed up for summer. She does better the longer we stay and usually has a bloody fit when it's time to go (because she's just starting to have fun). Emma is like a fish and could swim all day.






Since Emma's birthday is on Easter this year, I wanted to do something really special. I spotted a baby lionhead/holland lop bunny on craigslist and just had to buy it. I did it without telling Joey (I know he really loves it when I do stuff like that).

Once I got bunny home Joey thought it would be best to just give him to Emma early rather than hide him out for two weeks, and he certainly didn't have to twist my arm. Emma was so surprised. I took the cutest video of her seeing him for the first time. She named him PJ for about 15 minutes then changed her mind to Gabe. Gabe the bunny currently resides in the girls' bedroom in a large dog crate (much to Joey's delight) where he gets lots of attention and potties in a litter box (coolest thing ever). Joey built him a fancy cage for outside when it warms up a bit  - it will be a sad day.







Eva having a very serious conversation with her Auntie Liv. Probably about her beloved ba ba.





Despite the scratching, I think Emma is probably Eva's most favorite person in the world. Emma would be president if there were a big sisters club.






















I can't believe that in just short of a week our little Emma will be 5. FIVE! 
I mean. 

Nothing is more fun as a mom than birthday's and holidays, and to have Emma's birthday fall on a holiday is nothing short of awesome. I'll see to it that it's an extra special day for her (with plenty of balloons and easter egg goodness). Joey always asks who's more excited, me or the girls, and he has a point.

6 more days.

No comments:

Post a Comment