
Emma,
I have written and rewritten your fifth birthday letter, feeling like words do nothing to describe what a special kid you are.
You are this imaginative, shy, headstrong little girl who lights up the gloomiest of days. Most of the time you are impossible to keep up with, and I swear just being around you is like getting a hearty dose of sunshine. I tell you often that I hope you live with me forever and I mean it.
A few weeks ago you asked me to hold you while I was cooking dinner. As I boosted you up on my hip I couldn't believe how different it felt. "You're huge!" I hollered, which made you giggle and flail your arms and legs. I am thankful to watch you grow, but I wish it didn't have to happen so fast.
This year you wanted a pogo stick for you birthday. Just more proof that you're the coolest girl I know.
Happy fifth birthday little love. xxo



No comments:
Post a Comment