April 7, 2009

The Big Bash

Emma's big party was last Saturday, and we had a great time! It's amazing how you can plan for something for so long and it's over just like that. She got tons and tons of gifts... and i'm pretty sure we need to put an addition on our house.





I made Emma her very own cake to dive into at the party. This was her first real taste of sugar, besides some little licks here and there. She didn't even really make a mess, she just stuck her index finger into the frosting and licked it off! She actually made more of a mess with her sippy cup! I was convinced that Emma would be up all night screaming with a tummy ache, but she proved me wrong. This does not mean that she'll be getting sugar again any time soon :)



Emma's birthday dress was so dang cute. I wish she could wear it everyday, but she hates it and cries when I put it on her. Go figure. She can't crawl with it on and that really makes her angry.... Our little booger still isn't walking. She'll take a few steps here and there, but nothing I would consider actual walking. She could absolutely do it if she wanted to... but she just isn't ready. She does things on her own time, and she's cute so we let her.



We think 1 is a very fun age. Emma points at everything now. Her favorite thing is my name tag for work. She looks at it and points at my picture.. and if the picture is upside down she turns it right side up!! Baby-freakin-einstein I tell ya. She'll do that with books, too.

Have I mentioned how much Emma loves her baths? She gets all giddy and happy and cheery when she hears the water running. There is nothing better then a happy baby. One time I even let her stay in the water so long that it got freezing. Isn't that terrible? But she was having fun, Ok!












No comments:

Post a Comment