April 15, 2009

Happy (Belated) Easter

Emma's first Easter was the perfect day. She was happy, funny, and... oh yeah. SHE WALKED! We officially have a walker, and she looks like a drunken sailor doing it. In the morning she shocked us by taking a bunch of steps out of the blue, and she has never looked back. She now walks up to 15-20 steps and looks absolutely hilarious doing it. Like, laugh out loud, hold your gut funny. We are loving it.

Anyways, back to Easter. We had a busy weekend, going to Great Grandma Shirley's Saturday and to Great Grandma Kay's and then Nana's on Sunday. Emma was an angel. So fun. Sometimes I feel relieved that she's 1. Maybe this means she will NOT be throwing up on every major holiday. She got through Easter like a champ. Joey and I can breathe now.

On Saturday Emma got to meet her Great Aunty Cheryl and second cousin Hayley for the very first time. She loved them, and they even threatened that they were going to take her home with them. I mean, she is pretty cute.



We like to use Emma's dolly Pinky as a ploy to get her to walk... It usually works, too.



I think I finally figured out why Emma loves Grandma Shirley so much. Emma kept crawling right over to her, and I noticed that Emma was grabbing food off her plate by the handful and shoving it in her mouth. Then a while later I caught Grandma Shirley giving Emma ice cream. It's no wonder Emma loves Grandma Shirley. Emma's probably thinking hey, she's the only one who will actually give me real food.





Great Aunty Sheila was trying to teach Emma to go up and down the stairs. Something I haven't even thought about because we don't have a big staircase in our house.... Emma mastered them like a champ.



The Easter Bunny left Emma a big ol' basket on Easter morning. She got a dolly, some baby birdies, bubbles, a water scooper thing, and some other odds and ends. She pulled out her dolly, took one look at Pinky, and whipped the new dolly to the curb. Sorry bunny. This was the first of many many many Easter baskets Emma got. So spoiled this little one.



Here's Emma in all her glory walking around on Easter Sunday. She is VERY proud of her new accomplishment, as she should be. She had a big crowd cheering her on.








My superprincess still loves to give kisses. They're more real now, where when you ask her for a kiss she'll open her mouth and lean right in. Only when she's in the mood though, please. Sometimes when I ask she ignores me with a funny smirk on her face. Little stinker.

By the way, Emma's 1 year checkup was this week. Emma smiled and played with Dr. Davis, who sat and answered an hour of questioning by Emma's parents. Who do they think they are? Good thing Dr. Davis is awesome. He commented on how good Emma was being around strangers. No stranger anxiety here. She's been so cute lately, smiling at everyone and anyone we see. A big, toothy grin.
He also said Emma is growing perfectly, she's even a wee bit tall. She weighed 21 lbs 10 oz and was 30 and 1/4 inches long. Then Emma beamed at the nurse (see, no stranger anxiety) until she got stuck with 4 needles, which prompted her to cry. Loudly. Then Joey started crying and I had to console him. Just kidding :)

1 comment:

  1. Emma is a doll still!!! Watch out now that she is walking!! Hayleigh isn't yet, but she was just one on sunday so thats ok. Even thought today she started doing what Emma always did, hands down but in the air, and then hayleigh just sits back down. KInda made me nervous seeming we were on a cement floor outside. So i think she is getting close. Hayleigh was 23lbs 12oz and a little over 30inches when she went and didnt' like the shots either.!! I just love reading and lookin forward to new posts on your blog!!

    ReplyDelete