April 1, 2009

1.

My superprincess is 1. 365 days old. Practically a toddler. Where does time go? It's such a cliche, but a question I truly ask myself. It puzzles me. How can she possibly be 1?

All day yesterday my mind was torn between feeling sad and being happy. Happy that Emma is happy, healthy, snuggly, lovely, perfect. But also sad because time really does fly.. Does this mean that 17 more of these "years" and she'll possibly move out of our house? Lets not think about that. Today someone asked me how old my daughter was. It felt super weird saying, oh she's 1. I have a 1 year old. Weird.

Well, it was a very gloomy day for Emma's birthday and she was not feeling the best. Starting at about midnight (so technically her birthday), she was up screaming with what I believe to be a tummy ache. She eventually fell asleep and woke up with a runny nose and a whine that proceeded to last the entire day. Awesome. We made her happy by letting her watch Shrek and hang out in her PJ's. I think she enjoyed chilling at home with mommy and daddy all day. Her big bash is Saturday so we are praying for good weather!





So at 1 Emma decided she loves her baby doll. Like, don't even bother picking up Emma if her dolly (Pinky Dinky Doo) isn't coming along, too. She'll scream. She also loves rides on her horsey or the new wagon she got from Gigi for her birthday. Again, don't try to take her off. She'll proceed to smash her head against the floor between her legs and pitch a fit.





She almost fell asleep in her wagon while Daddy pulled her around. It was too cute. She's perfectly content cruising around the house in her new wagon. Just don't stop moving and you'll be on her good side. We'd really appreciate it if someone came over and took a turn pushing and pulling her around. She only wants to do it for a few hours. That's all. You won't get tired or anything.



Are 1 year olds supposed to be eating everything and anything? Should she really be eating what we eat? I'm very worried about foods hurting Emma's tummy. And whole milk? Blasphemy! No way is she big enough for whole milk. It creeps me out. Makes me nervous. Like, really really nervous. It might make her sick, and that would cause Joey and I to freak out. Like, the first time Emma really threw up I contemplated calling 911.







From now on i'll list Emma's age in months, not years. Years make her seem way to old.

Happy 1st Birthday superprincess.

2 comments:

  1. That is cute! I am good to haul Emma and Pinky around for at least 8 hours! Glad she is doing so well!! The ATW & pillow is the best!! Emma's got her own lil' RV!

    ReplyDelete
  2. She is such a cutie! Happy Birthday to your sweet girl!

    ReplyDelete