This afternoon we went to Uncle Luke's baseball game at Kishwaukee College. Luke's old, and he plays college baseball. That's weird. I hope he goes pro and owns a house in North Carolina someday.. and buys Emma a car when she turns 16. Anyways, we were excited that he finally had a home game, so we all packed up and headed down to Dekalb to see him play.
It was the longest game of my life. 9 innings is alot, and it went by very slowly. I preferred his high school games with 7 innings, that's plenty enough.
Emma had fun playing with Niki's glasses. These were taken before she broke them. Sorry Nik! So sorry!

She entertained herself with our umbrella's, too. It sprinkled for a bit, but we got lucky and it never got too nasty out.
Luke had to use the Big John towards the end of the game, and the kids went running like wild to go see him. Since Luke is in the middle of "fall ball" each player only plays about 1 inning, at least that's how it is for the pitchers. I guess they are saving their arms for the real season that starts in spring, so Luke pitched the first inning and then he was out for the rest of the game. No batting allowed, nothing. I like it when he plays the whole game. Just sayin'.
Poor Luke, I think he was the only player with a huge cheering squad. We hoot and hollar and yell at the umpire when he calls any pitch a ball. Then all the kids go up to him in the dugout and try to chat with him. Good thing Luke's so mellow, I suppose growing up with 3 sisters will do that to a guy.
We have always had so much fun watching Luke play baseball. We get all the kids ready in their matching shirts and gear. Now I can't wait to make memories out of the road trips we will take to watch him play in college. I think Emmy, Drew, and Ryley would agree!






No comments:
Post a Comment