September 5, 2010

Happy Sunday!

It's Sunday Funday! Sunday's are my favorite. They are lazy, full of family time, and just.... super. Plus Drew is sleeping on the couch beside me as I type. He talks in his sleep. He just sat up and said, "Do you got eggs?" and closed his eyes again.

We have been boring this past week, the temps are cooling and the windows are officially open.

I broke my camera lens last Sunday (Gasp!), but thank goodness it was my inexpensive one, so I bought another on Friday. My life is once again complete.

Yesterday we went to the Kane County Flea Market. I have been dieing to go all summer! I am going next month... in a U-Haul. Joey will never find out. I could have taken 5,000 pictures, but Joey thought I was so embarrassing taking pictures of other people's stuff.

Joey wanted this Case IH sign. The gentleman said it was five and a quarter. Meaning $525.00, not $5.25 like I offered him. Then he said he'd trade it for Emma's favorite doll she was carrying. Joey was about to make a deal when the guy started laughing and yelled, "Now that's sick!" He was weird.


There were a lot of vintagy, shabby chic booths set up like this one below. Anything with chippy white paint and burlap makes my heart sing.


Then Emma found this kung fu doll of a thing in a bin. She wanted it so bad, but we just couldn't do it. It was very creepy expensive.


She bid it a proper farewell. Despite the look of things, it was anything but sweet. She had a hard core meltdown when she finally had to put it back in the bin.


I loved this chalkboard for Emma's room. I decided Joey could make one similar with my help (he makes it while I watch and delegate).




Then we found one of my favorite bloggers Urban Farmgirl's booth. Mary was so nice, and I wanted one of everything. I did buy the most darling E necklaces from her.


Then after the flea market we ate at Noodles, our favorite, and grabbed a few groceries at Trader Joe's.

Emma is quite the singer. Here she is belting out a tune at Noodles. It is so so cute when she sings, and she has the sweetest little voice. I love that she doesn't act embarrassed, but rather looks right at you as she sings.






On the drive home Emma belted out more songs, and pretended to whip up snacks for Joey and I. She made ice cream cones, pizza, coffee, and much more. Her imagination is starting to soar, and i've decided - like I do every few months or so - that she is at the best age ever.

No comments:

Post a Comment