Well, it's official.
My lack of posts and enthusiasm come with good reason, and the reason being we are expecting! We are so excited for Emma to be a big sister, and they will be just over 3 years apart which I think is a good gap. I am 13 weeks along, so I think I am finally getting out of the nausea phase (knock on wood). I have felt like i've been hit by a bus this time around, and I am very anxious to feel like my normal self again. The nausea was pretty much all day long for a good month or so, and now i'm just battling this awful exhaustion! Most nights I could easily fall asleep at 7 pm. I don't think Emma quite understands what is going on, but she loves loves loves babies so i'm hoping the transition will go smoothly for her. I'm not sure if every mom feels this way, but I feel a bit guilty that Emma won't have us all for herself anymore. So I am really in no hurry for May 5th, my due date - Cinco de Mayo! We are going to enjoy these last few months as a family of three.
Here is how we told the family - (read her shirt closely). Everyone is very excited!

I wanted to get some better pictures of Emma in her little shirt, but I made the shirt myself and it did not hold up in the washing machine.
And I know I said we were only having one for a good year or so after Emma was born, but I guess I changed my mind. I think I forgot how hard it can be to have a little baby, and how painful the delivery was.. and how Emma just wanted to nurse 24/7.. and everyone assured me over and over that you forget, but I didn't believe them.
I can't think about it too much, my hormones have got me way too emotional. Every time I get nervous at the thought of having 2 I think of that show 17 kids and counting, then I know we'll make it. But we are stopping at 2, I swear.


What great news for you all, and that shirt was a VERY cute way to share the news. Congratulations!
ReplyDeleteCONGRATS! That is so awesome! What a great addition to your beautiful family. I think Emma's going to make a great big sister... especially considering her love for all things baby!!
ReplyDeleteCONGRATS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
ReplyDelete