April 16, 2011

Emma, Joey, and preparing for birdie #2

I never truly appreciated having Joey home at night until he wasn't for almost 4 months. Right now he is working about an hour and a half away, bringing him home to us at about 5 every night. Praise God and the heavens, because his presence is much needed - and highly celebrated by our wild-haired beauty. Complete with happy feet dances and squeals when he walks in the door. And he always makes an entrance, loudly opening the door and putting down his things, then tiptoeing into the living room in his loud work boots with a big grin on his face. The girl goes nuts.

They wrestle and roll around like a couple of wolves every night when he gets home. Whomever said every man needs a son was so wrong. Though if we get one we will be thrilled. And just as thrilled as if it's another girl.



Emma likes to have photo shoots with camera phones. I'm chopped meat with my digital, but when dad whips out his phone it's all cheeses and posing. 






And the other night Joey and Emma had out these long ties that go with a few of my sweaters. Emma must have dug them out of my closet, and Joey quickly tied them around their foreheads so they looked like kung-fu fighters as they ran through the house. It was all fun and games until it got knotted up in Emma's hair. Like, I seriously threatened Joey that if we even had to cut her hair... I don't remember what I said, but i'm sure it was good.

I'll admit that it was kinda funny, because Joey was panicked and Emma surprisingly just sat there laughing while he got it out. Kinda like she knew what a job this was for her burly dad.

 
































With less than 3 weeks until my due date, I think i'm finally to that point of feeling ready. Still in no hurry for the babies arrival, but prepared for when it finally does happen. I have the carseat ready, stroller, diapers, wipes, bath stuff. All of the onesies and blankets are washed and folded, and yesterday Emma and I sewed up some cute little burp rags. This weekend we are picking up the bassinet from my generous friend Linz, and really the only things I still would like to get are an ergo baby carrier and the skip hop versa diaper bag in black (I only give specifics since i'll likely deliver around mothers day -- grounds for some bomb gifts if you ask me). Oh, and we'll have to go on a little shopping spree for baby clothes once we find out what it is.

And really, I have no problem with the little birdie waiting a few more weeks. I'm eating up my favorite girl as much as possible before her whole world changes. A good change, but a really big fat one that I hope doesn't send her into a tizzy. I'm still a bit puzzled as to how it will all go down, but it will. We'll adjust and life will somehow be even happier than it is now. 

Happy Saturday. xoxo.


























No comments:

Post a Comment