This post is picture heavy and a bit short on words. It's 10:00 and Emma is showing no signs of stopping -dancing in circles in the living room- and I have conned Joey into painting my toe nails. The perfect bookend to our weekend.
This weekend brought with it 80 degree weather and sunshine, demanding flip flops, summer dresses, and those sweaty messy ponytails that only warm weather brings. We got lots accomplished in the past few days. Joey is about done with the drywall downstairs and we bought the paint, I organized every drawer, closet and cupboard possible in our house, and most importantly, we spent lots of time outside soaking up every last bit of the warmth. I'm not worth a whole lot right now play wise, but I'll sit outside in the warmth watching my happy girl run wild anyday.
It was one of those weekends where we didn't eat supper until almost 8pm, because staying outside for as long as possible totally trumps eating at a regular time.

This morning Emma insisted on picking out her own outfit, and then had me get out the full length body mirror so she could twirl and see for herself that she looked like a "blue pwincess." "Cinderwella", to be exact.

And we went to my mom and Mark's for lunch, where Emma got to play on the swingset until her little heart was content. She had a routine; climbing up the rock wall, turning the blue steering wheel, pulling on the rope, looking out the telescope, then scooting down the slide. She did this almost every time without fail, and she really is the funniest kid I know.

Then we came home and got out bubbles and sidewalk chalk, because what's a warm weekend without a mess of bubbles and covering the sidewalk in alligators, spiders, and octopus (per Emma's request).

body tracing; a new favorite

This weekend was a reminder of how much we love the summer months around here, and I am so ready for the kiddy pool and sprinkler to be a permanent staple in our yard. I am beyond excited to think of having the summer off with Emma and the new baby. There is lots of fun to be had.
Tomorrow I go to the doctor, so we'll see if all this nesting business has gotten anything happening with the baby.
Now if you'll excuse me, my husband is ready to paint my toe nails.




No comments:
Post a Comment