We have somewhat recovered from the egg hunt incident, and I think it helped that the bunny came through and brought a ton of eggs for the girl on Easter morning. She slept until almost 9am, but was thrilled when she woke up and realized the bunny had came.
I think Emma could have gone without her Easter basket, stuffed with a Cinderella dress and teacup pigs. All she cares about are those little plastic eggs.

We had a busy day, eating at my family's for lunch and Joey's for dinner. There were more egg hunts to be had, and Emma got about 5 baskets stuffed with all kinds of good stuff.

Basketball with Great Aunt Cheryl

My Aunt Sheila and Uncle Mike brought Faith, their little Cavalier King Charles. Emma was begging to bring her home, and spent alot of time dragging the poor girl around on her leash.

Aunt Sheila, an aspiring model

They had a huge frisbee golf game set up in the pasture at my uncle's, and Emma walked the course with her dad - dodging manure piles and loose chickens. But the plastic eggs never left her side.

We had a great Easter, and while the end of a holiday usually brings a blah feeling of sorts, we have much to look forward too in the form of new babies and warmer weather.
I had a doctor's appointment today, and I am 50% effaced but still not dialating. My doctor is assuring me that it could happen at any time, though i'm pretty much convinced I will go past my due date. We scheduled an induction for May 11th just in case, but I am really hoping to go on my own before then.
This girl is so excited to meet the new baby she can hardly stand it. I think we're all getting a bit antsy.

Happy Easter. xoxo



You are such an amazing photographer Katie!! Where did you learn that... or maybe it comes naturally! I have so much to work on in that department!
ReplyDeleteGood luck on the new little one... I hope they come soon for you! Those last few weeks are so tough on mama!