I've been thinking alot lately about how different life is for Emma. There are alot of no Emma's going on, and I catch myself feeling guilty about the huge shift that happened to her seemingly overnight. "Emma, that's too rough. Emma, you can't lay on sister's arm. Emma, don't you dare pick Eva up out of her swing. Please stop squeezing sister's hand. Emma, no pinching." It's all part of our daily vocabulary, and i'm still waiting for the slow down. That whole "oh she'll get over Eva soon", well we're 4 months in with no sign of a letdown.
And our sweet Emma, even three time-outs in for the day she'll come out with the sweetest apology; "I so sorry Eba. I not do dat any mowe." Because she's 3, and she loves her sister and all things baby. I think it's hard for her to grasp that Eva isn't a baby doll and she has to be extra gentle. Most often she'll go in to hug Eva, then squeeze her way to tight, then get frustrated when I tell her to stop and squeeze just a little tighter. It is such a battle.
We are working on it, and Emma's stinker moments are totally overshadowed by her funny little sayings and sweet demeanor. I think we'll keep her.

Eva is teething - soaking her onesies with drool and gnawing on her hands and feet like mad. I think her bottom left tooth is working its way through.
She's 17 weeks old today, almost unfair how time flies.
Girl is flexible.
I'm excited for the long weekend. We have lots of family get togethers and Emma's first day of school just around the corner. One of the best parts of having babies - looking forward to things because you know how fun it will be for them. Like cookouts and playing with cousins and maybe swimming tomorrow even if it rains. When we leave Emma usually says things like, "Dat was awesome. We go back soon, ok?" And then you know that it was a good day.
Basking in the extra long weekend, even if the weather is calling for rain showers and gloomy skies.
xoxo




No comments:
Post a Comment