September 22, 2011

Stages

I've sat to write this post probably 3 times, only to have little Eva suddenly awaken, thrust out her killer lower lip and whimper for me to pick her up. I (knock on wood) think she's finally settled.

My free time has been scarce. I have a sweet little 19 week old who wants to be held, seemingly indefinitely. Teething is getting the best of her, and being slung on my hip seems to be the one calming mechanism that'll do the trick. I so much as set her down to grab something, oh holy sad sister. Pick her up, the tears quickly subside.  I'm content with holding her forever and thankful that Joey helps out with the never-ending housework.

Tonight Emma was sitting on my lap (with Eva, of course), and said something like, "Oh those babies, they happy, they cry, they happy, they cry." Sister is so right.

****

Today was a school day. Emma gets so excited when it's time to go. Never stalling to get ready or batting an eye when I drop her off. I'm so glad she loves it.


I asked her what she did today and she said "Jack say he sorry, he take Miss Mary's book. I use the monkey potty. I pway pancakes." You know, she learned a whole lot. 






Ry and Drew stopped for a visit which, 9 times out of 10, means trouble. Today I found them with all the pillows and clean clothes thrown off Emma's bed, jumping like crazies. 




Tonight we walked down the street to the homecoming parade. It was only 2 blocks from our house, and Emma was thrilled to fill her bag with candy. Those high schoolers are very generous with their candy tossing.







The last few nights have been rough, so my hope tonight is to sleep actually laying down rather than upright on the couch with Eva in my arms. But she is pretty sweet and keeps me warm, so i'm totally not complaining. There will come a time where she's too big to cuddle and too busy to want her momma, and I'm reminding myself of this constantly. It's so easy to wish away the harder stages in your sweet babies' lives. 

And yes, all hell breaks loose if i'm not holding her, but she is starting to giggle and squeals when you lift her into the air. She's constantly grabbing my face and smooshing hers into mine, kinda like she's just so thrilled that i'm holding her. It's my new favorite.

****

Off to try and sleep, not easy with the rythmic snores of Joey and Emma filling the house. You know what they say, like father like daughter. xx




No comments:

Post a Comment