September 13, 2011

The long post

So much has happened this past week or so. A long, family filled labor day weekend, Emma starting school, Eva rolling over, turning 4 months old, and being baptized this past Sunday. My internet has been down since Labor Day, and my late nights have been a bit lost without it. There are many updates to be had.

Beginning with my big girl starting school..

Oh, she loves it. I was nervous the first day, since she was a little concerned at home about us not being able to stay there with her. The minute she walked inside she waved us off, and quickly ran to go play with her classmates - never batting an eye. She has 5 kids in her class, and only one other girl named Ella. She tells us her favorite friend is Miss Mary the teacher, and doesn't tell us a whole lot about her days other than she goes potty and plays. I try to refrain from drilling the teacher every day when I pick her up. I want to know if she needs help going to the potty, who she plays with every day, if she asks questions and sits nicely. Every day Miss Mary tells me she does great, and I am anxiously awaiting the parent teacher conferences to hear all about how and what she's doing. 

Now Emma asks if it's a school day almost every morning, and i'm convinced she'd go every day if she could. Last Thursday she had show and tell, and brought two little horse figurines, and today all the kids wore yellow. She gets jump-up-and-down excited when it's time to head there.











I watch the clock like a hawk when she's away, always paranoid that i'll lose track of time and be late. And I never want to leave her waiting for me after all the other kids are gone. I've figured out that everyone seems to arrive about 5 minutes early, so I make sure and do the same. 

Labor Day Weekend

Ours was cram-packed with festivities. We spent the entire long weekend with family, traveling up to Wisconsin to visit with my mom's side, spending one day at my dad and Jackie's, and another with Joey's family. The girls were troopers, and enjoyed the craziness and extra hugs and kisses from family.

Eva is always quite the hit. Happy as long as she's being held, and goes to anyone and everyone without so much as a peep.



Emma swam in her underwear, because it's just her thing. It's next to impossible to keep this girl fully clothed. 







Just shy of being 4 months, on Sunday the 4th of September, Eva rolled over. I had my back turned for one second and found her on her belly. Now she's a rolling machine.

And a crazy teething drooler baby.






Eva and her cousin Mason aren't too far apart in age, and they're starting to interact more and more. Over Labor Day weekend when we got together Eva would squeal causing Mason to bust out laughing. They kept it up for quite some time, and it was so so cute.

Eva's BaptismEva was baptized this past Sunday at All Saints Lutheran by Pastor Scott. Same place as Emma was baptized, and also where Joey and I were married. Her godparents are Aunty Liv and Uncle Jeremy, and it was a very nice service. She wore a beautiful baptismal gown that is over 70 years old and has been worn by most of the girls on my mom's side of the family. 

After the baptism we went over to my dad and Jackie's for a little visit.



We hunted tomato worms, which enthralled and terrified Emma all at the same time. Those puppies can get huge, and they kinda suction to your hand.

On the home front we've been busy, too. We had a wedding Friday night in Chicago, and then another one on Saturday closer to home.  I'm feeling a little off today, almost like i'm getting an ear infection which seems odd. I'm hoping i'm just tired from the long weekend. 

I have nothing out for dinner and I feel like a total slacker. Off to the library with my girls.

No comments:

Post a Comment