October 18, 2011

Fall

Fall is here in all her glory, requiring lots of layers and warm hats on little heads (my most favorite part about this cold weather).

This weekend we went to the apple orchard with my Dad, Jackie and the whole fam. It's worth the drive just for the warm delicious donuts.



Emma's love affair with pigs continues. If there's a pig at the store, she wants it. If a book has a pig on it, she's gotta have it. This little pot-bellied beauty was no exception. We visited him more than once.




Emma rode the ponies so many times Joey kept joking he could have boughten one. 

She would get off and give them a little pat, thanking them for the ride.



The windy chill didn't seem to bother Em one bit, and thankfully Eva slept the whole time snug and warm in the stroller.





We stopped at our faithful pumpkin stand in the country on our way back to my dad's. Emma picked hers out and had fun maneuvering through the ginormous ones.




Eva is doing so well with her solids. Tonight was squash (fresh from my dad's garden) and she loved it. I never know whether to cut her off or let her keep going, because part of me thinks she would just keep eating. I've been cutting her off, but think maybe two meals a day are in our near future. She has yet to eat a thing she doesn't like, and that includes avocado, sweet potato, banana, rice cereal, and squash. 

Next up, green beans, fresh pumpkin and pears. 





Tonight I took Emma to ride in the tractor with her dad. I rode with them for just a little bit until Eva got fussy, and Emma was just as adorable and funny as ever. She was excited and chatty, telling her dad the tractor was big and silly. I left to get Eva from Grandma Jodie's and Emma stayed a while longer.

These pictures of her are some of my favorite yet. She won't let me brush her hair, but sister is sure proud of her hats. 




Now I must go smooch her sleeping sweet cheeks. I'm fighting a cold and should be sleeping myself.
Sweet dreams..


No comments:

Post a Comment