February 4, 2009

Ten Things

Ten things I love about my ten month old:

1. I'm the best thing ever to her. She acts like her world is ending when I walk out of the room. I'm sure that will change. Fast.
2. She cries whenever I get home. The minute she sees my face she cries. Everytime, it never fails. It's like she's so excited she doesn't know what to do with herself. Is that bad that I look forward to it?
3. She's very curious. She's into everything and such small, simple things spark her interest. I may get annoyed sometimes, but I like seeing what little things she finds fascinating.
4. Her little toofers when she smiles. Those two bottom teeth make her smile that much cuter.
5. She's a cuddler. We cuddle all night long, and it's the best. She can still sleep with me when she's 12. I won't mind. Joey snores.
6. She's SO close to walking. It's fun to watch her stand on her own and get SO close to taking that first step. Such a huge milestone in a little person's life.
7. She has the sweetest laugh. I have never heard anything like it. It's this high pitched chuckle, like she will have this sweet little voice someday.
8. She is sweet as sugar in the mornings. I love mornings. I wasn't crazy about them before she was born. If she's up before me I get patted on the face until i'm up. Sometimes I even get pinched. I don't mind.
9. She claps. Usually with a huge smile on her face. She thinks she's cool when she does it, I can tell. I think she's cool, too.
10. She dances. She bops her little body around whenever she hears a tune. Girls got rhythm.
ok, 11 things..
11. She's so expressive! She makes a face about EVERYTHING. When she's mad, you know it. When she's hungry, you know it. When she's pooping, you know. Ok, you get my drift.

So our big girl officially walks behind her walker. We think it's the coolest thing, and it is. She'll be walking in no time.. She's VERY proud of herself, and I can't get enough of that look of determination on her face as she trucks behind her walker. Sometimes her weight pushes it way ahead of her, but she moves her little leggers as fast as she can to catch up. I could watch her do it all day, and I probably will tomorrow.. and Friday... and all weekend actually. Can't wait.





This picture I just had to share. This might be the nastiest smelling diaper in history. It doesn't look stinky, but it was. Trust me.



So we went to cousin Drew's wrestling practice tonight. It was HILARIOUS. Me, Joey, and Aunt Livy were laughing the entire time. I'm not kidding. We love you Drew!

Hey Drew, yeah you in the orange, the coach said DOWN!



Emma had fun watching all the little boys run around.. I think we're in for some trouble when she gets older.

I almost forgot, Emma has a question to ask you.

Posted by Picasa



Hahaha GiGi got her that shirt :) Isn't it cute? Thanks mom!

Tomorrow Emma and I get to visit Great Grandma Shirley. She's going to teach me how to crochet. I'll be whipping up sweaters in no time.


Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

  1. I love reading your blog!!! The backround is so cute. I would love to do this but with dial-up I wouldn't be able to post pics that often. Emma is getting so big. Hayleigh turns 10 mths next thursday, I can't believe it!! She still isn't crawling yet, she trys and then decides that falling and rolling is easier. When you walk with her holding on to your hands though she has started to move her feet and take little steps. She loves pulling herself up on her knees to play and will stand forever by stuff and play. We need to get these little girls together!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. keep up the good work, i enjoy reading & looking each week grama

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow again and again and again I look at her and remember.... what a beautiful girl created from my beautiful daughter.. and of course my beautiful son in law to be Joey! When I read her tributes to this child I get chills remembering word for word, thought for thought, feeling for feeling just as I did many years ago for my baby girl Katie Marie. I look at those thighs and can remember her mom doing the same thing... ramming down the hall thighs shaking with fat and that look of determination on her face wanting to get to where she was going... don't get in my way! She is still that way. Has grown into a beautiful young woman, and wonderful mother. I am so proud. So so proud.

    ReplyDelete